Re: Off-Topic Posts

Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:18:12 -0600
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

Historically this list has been tolerant of off-topic threads, likely because such threads have tended to be short-lived.

However, the off-topic posters (and I have been guilty myself) seem
to have taken this to mean that this list is appropriate for any and
all discussions by users of Debian. I would doubt that was the
original intent of the spirit of the phrase "Help and discussion
among users of Debian".

I would urge the off-topic posters to return to the spirit of the phrase, and please wind down your off-topic posts, and then strive to keep your posts a bit closer to Debian-related topics.

Thanks!

I agree. I, too, have been guilty of posting way too many off-topic
messages. I intend to be more circumspect in future, and ask that
others do likewise.

i like, within constraints, political discussions on this list. gave me sometimes something to think about and/or a good laugh. i hate one-liners. from what side they come: they are always beside the point for lack of nuances.

steef