Re: Open Office writer formatting question

* Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> [070307 15:14]:
> Thank you. The only benefit I see with the WYSIWYG style is to be
> able to say, "that is NOT right" without having to print it out
> first. :^)

When creating a document in the X environment, the first thing I do is
run the "xdvi <documentname> &" command, so I can watch the progress
of the document simply by switching windows.  The xdvi window is
updated automatically each time I run "latex <documentname>, and
eliminates the need for hardcopy until the document is finished.

> Page numbering is the issue, and I know get newsletters folded just
> that way that were made on a Mac, so I thought maybe OOo would have
> that kind of page numbering possible.

There are many LaTeX packages; no matter what your need, it is likely
that someone has written a package to handle it.

RLH