apt-cd setup [was Re: Re: initramfs-tools fixed (maybe)]

I'm putting this back on the list as I don't install from CD's and
can't really answer this.

I will say though, that if you haven't read the installation docs, you
should do so as this is surely answered there.

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:13:10PM -0600, Charles Blair wrote:
>   Grub seems to be working so that I am able to get at both debian and
> windows XP.

great! progress!

>   When I log into debian and type
>
> tasksel --new-install
>
> it asks me for choices, of which I checked "desktop" and "standard".
>
> It then asks me to put
>
> Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ _Official Snapshot i386 CD Binary-1
> 20070226-09:38
>
> in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

okay. Have you registered the cd's with apt? I don't know how this
works, but you have to have the cd's listed in your
/etc/apt/sources.list and you may have to also do some other mojo to
ge tthe recognised. i'm thinking its something like apt-cd or
something like that.