Re: OT: sponge burning!

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:42:02PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Living proof.  I almost ended up joining the military after my job hunt last
> year was stretching into it's sixth and final month.  I would feel a bit
> more positive about joining the military if I wasn't guaranteed to get
> shipped off to be a pawn in failed foreign policy or fighting to protect
> oil industry profit margins.  Since I'm not stupid and I have an education,
> I know I can do better for myself practically anywhere else in government
> or the private sector making the military an option only when destitution
> is the other option.

See, now aren't you glad that there *are* educated and intelligent
people who join our military so that you can spout off that nonsense?
You are exactly the sort of person who shoul *not* be in the military.
That is like people who become school teachers because they have no
other choice.  They do more harm than good.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez