Re: Raid shuts down uncleanly?

Land Haj wrote:
Thank you for your reply!

Today, I've dpkg-reconfigured mdadm. It had all md-devices listed as necessary for root, and so I changed it so that only md0 (where root is) is listed as necessary. This for some reason got rid of the message saying that swap (md1) was busy. But md0 and md2 are still not unmounted.

I've been trying to find the shutdown log, but I've failed. Is it supposed to be in wtmp? If so, how do I read it -- it's binary.

The end of the shutdown messages are displayed so fast and then blanked out so that I have no time to see them all. I finally managed to catch a few of them with my camera (!), and this is what is said, among other things:

* It can't create the /etc/mtab log file
* It can't create the /lib/init/rw/.mdadm directory

Both are because the file system is read-only, but I do not know if they are normal messages or related to my issue somehow.

The rest is only a repetition of "md0 still in use", etc.

If someone can instruct me in how to log the shutdown properly I'll post the log here to see if anyone can help.

Thanks for helping!

/landhaj