Re: vim like completion in bash?

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:20:54AM EST, Steve Lamb wrote:
> cga2000 wrote:
> > .. and as everybody will no doubt have noticed, ss/tt is one keystroke
> > less than ss/*t* (not to mention the fact that the '*' is shifted and a
> > little harder to reach).
>
>     Ok, and now to point out the other glaringly obvious part of this thread.

>  Care to share how you got bash to do that, in detail, since obviously the OP
> is missing some piece of information you've got?

I think it's the other way 'round.

The *OP* needs to share one piece of info we're all missing, which is how
he got bash *not* to do "that"..

I've used bash for some time and whatever the release of bash .. distro
.. type of terminal .. I don't remember ever having to do anything to
get this to work..  always worked out of the box..

Is the OP a new user of bash .. is this debian.. sarge .. etch .. a
debian-derived distro  .. ubuntu .. is this a new install .. did he
upgrade his system .. did he upgrade anything that might impact bash /
readline .. is this a local setup or does this happen over an ssh
connection to another box..  what terminal emulator .. xterm .. linux
console .. is the tab key broken .. has he been trying to remap his
keyboard lately ..??

A bit more info about the context might help narrow it down.

Thanks,
cga