Re: debian in combination with

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 07:21:44AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 10:56:24AM +0100, impek wrote:
> > I have the same problem with debian and pdsmi
> > This is very annoying.
> > Etch appears to makes problems during installion too.
>
> Such as?

[...]

> The ahci drver in Etch's standard kernel supports the ICH7 SATA
> controller.

Perhaps I spoke too soon on ahci, since after rebooting it appears
to use ati_piix.  Whatever the case this is a PDSMi-based server
working with a stock Etch kernel.

http://bitfolk.com/~andy/tmp/montelena.html

I have no reason to believe it wouldn't also work with Sarge, as
long as you used a kernel that supported ICH7.

What problems are you seeing?

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB