Re: Where is debian-non-US

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 10:24:31PM +0100, idsvp-helga@yahoo.com.au wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 01:28:15PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> >
> > Andras Lorincz writes:
> > > Has something changed recently? Where is debian-non-US?
> >
> > Due to changes in US law it was eliminated some time ago.
>
> Yet another exaple of enforcing US law to the rest of the world!

What are you talking about?  The law was a US law dealing with US
citizens or residents or other entities located in the US exporting
munitions.  There is no enforcement of the law outisde of the US.  In
fact, as I said in another post, I think the law is sensible.  It was
the classification of crypto as a munition that was broken.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez