Re: Firestarter VS Shorewall

Thanks Andreas.

I agree with most that you said, as I am very pragmatic on my needs.

I think I will buy the router I said, wich looks a very strong router
from security point of view, and plus install firestarter and some
other utility if I need.

And things sometimes are not so complex. For example, in Xubuntu you
can install all in graphical mode, start the server through Terminal,
and then, if you want to save more resources, it can be done through
an option. So you exit the graphical environment and the server
continues working, with all resources avaliable.
To return to graphical GUI, just another command.
So no need to masochism typing dozens of comands to do what you can
graphicaly, at least when you have your pc at hand like me.

Yes I know most people may say this is not profesional, and I am
missing learning lots of shell comands, but I know enough, and I
already have to have so many things in mind, so this would be a
RESOURCE LEAK for my brain hahahaha!!

Anyway, please give me opinions about the router by SMC Networks:
7904WBRA2
http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=1588

Thanks

Jordi