Re: getting a Samsung ML2510 laser printer working on an Etch RC1i386 box...

From: Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: getting a Samsung ML2510 laser printer working on an Etch RC1i386 box...
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 23:58:00 +0100

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 21:49 +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> I would appreciate any suggestions on getting it to work. I will be back at > this machine on Monday morning and any ideas people have I will test out on
> it.

Have you followed these instructions?
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-2510

Not yet, I will try this....

It seems to use the "splix" CUPS drivers, these are not available in
Debian yet.

It seems so. The foomatic gui in Etch RC1 recommended hpijs and pxlmono... I tried both but with the same result.

I found a site that lists the hpijs and pxlmono drivers that are supposed to work for the ML2510 printer and the newer ones including splix that Debian doesn't have.

http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Samsung-ML-2150

I could try the gdi driver.... if Debian has it....???

I will keep messing with it.

Michael Fothergill

--
Cheers,