etch installer hanging on packages

Hi all,

We've been using preseeds with etch since December for testing. Recently, something has broken these installs. I suspect the recent key switch on the repositories.

The installer goes through all steps and does everything correctly, getting network, grabbing preseed.cfg, partitioning, etc. The problem comes at "Select and install software" progress bar -- it halts at 5%. Syslog on console 4 says that apt is trying to grab some packages (nice long list -- includes at, bc, exim4*, and python, just to name a few). Then it gives the following:

Mar 2 09:15:07 in-target: WARNING: UNTRUSTED VERSIONS OF THE FOLLOWING PACKAGES WILL BE INSTALLED!
Mar  2 09:15:07 in-target:
Mar 2 09:15:07 in-target: Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security Mar 2 09:15:07 in-target: You should only preceed with the installation if you are certain that
Mar  2 09:15:07 in-target: this is what you want to do.
Mar  2 09:15:07 in-target:
Mar  2 09:15:07 in-target:   apt-utils coreutils apt libldap2
Mar 2 09:15:07 in-target: Do you want to ignore this warning and proceed anyway?
Mar  2 09:15:07 in-target: To continue, enter "Yes"; to abort, enter "No":

So, there's a prompt... that I can't put "Yes" into b/c it's stdin is somewhere in installer-land. Three days ago, the list of packages was just libldap2 -- apt-utils, coreutils, and apt are new this morning.

This happened with the etch RC1 netinst media, the 20070227-1 nightly and last weeks weekly. The dailys and weeklys I'm using are from here:

Anyone know what's going on?  Any ideas or clues would be helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin
-----
Kevin Sumner
ksumner@physics.unc.edu
(919) 962-6494
Assistant Unix Administrator
Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure and Computing