Re: no sound on mplayer + .nsv stream

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 18:11:41 +0100
Jonathan Kaye <jdkaye10@yahoo.es> wrote:

> Sure I remember. Thanks for the hints. Interestingly, there's also a tv
> channel associated with the same people and the url is:
> http://85.92.138.40:8000/;stream.nsv

Odd. I also didn't get any sound from the first link you provided, and
generally mplayer just works with streams IME. The problem I also agree
with Roman - is the faac, but I'm not completely sure. For instance, I
get the same warning on the audio part of the codec with this link as I
did with the other link (i.e., unknown compressed size). Also, as a
fallback, vlc doesn't recognize the codec at all on the first link.

vlc doesn't display any video on the second link but does play the audio
fine...

For the first link provided, vlc gives this:

dfox@m206-157:~$ vlc "http://85.92.138.33:8500/;stream.nsv";
VLC media player 0.8.6a Janus
[00000291] access_http access: Raw-audio server found, nsv demuxer
selected [00000296] main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for
fourcc `VP61'. VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

For the second link I get (using vlc)

dfox@m206-157:~$ vlc http://85.92.138.40:8000/;stream.nsv
VLC media player 0.8.6a Janus
[00000291] access_http access: Raw-audio server found, nsv demuxer
selected [00000296] main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for
fourcc `VP61'. VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

This is on testing/etch. I suspect a wonky codec as a possibility.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.