Re: Linux and firewire drives

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 07:03:46PM -0000, Pete Clarke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> What is the current state of support for firewire attached drives within
> Linux ..
> I would like to use Sarge, standard PC - and attach something like the WD
> My Book Pro 1TB drive, ideally via firewire...

I have a RAID1 running on a pair of external FW drives. I've found that
Linux is picky about the chipset on the external drives, however, and have
had some cases that work under MacOS X not work at all under Linux. I also
ran into a situation in which two identical cases could not be
distinguished, though either one worked individually.

> Cheers,
> Pete.
--Greg