Qemu and tun/tab usage - /dev/net/tun permissions

Hi,

I'm trying to set up bridged networking for a Qemu guest system. The doc I have says I need to do a 'chmod 666 /dev/net/tun' to be able to do this.

And, I see the permissions on it are:

crw------- 1 root root 10, 200 2007-02-27 16:28 /dev/net/tun

So, methinks, I should fix the udev configuration so it sets the permissions to 666 rather than 600.

Only one problem.  /etc/udev/permissions.rules says:

KERNEL=="tun",                  MODE="0666"

So, why is /dev/net/tun not mode 666 already?

I'd like this to happen at boot so I don't need to do anything special, but I'm not familiar with udev and its configuration, to be able to figure out how.

Thanks in advance,

Bob