Re: What's the best way to backup to dvd?

Ron Johnson wrote:

Shouldn't the answer to the general question of backup media include the concept of 'archival'?

Data on a random access read/write device such as a hard disk can be quickly and easily lost due to simple typos. Using a "tried and true" (yeah, there's always a bug lurking somewhere, I know, but you gotta make some trade offs) program and standard process to move valuable data to a medium that tends to not be overwritten unless you take extra steps, seems like a good thing to me.

Bob