Re: Upgraded to 2.6.18-4-686, trouble.

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 22:05 -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> Whenever I boot into the 2.6.18-4-686 kernel everything works fine,
> but when it starts loading hald I get:
>
> Buffer I/O error on device sr0
>
> It says this about 8 times. I tried reinstalling hal but that didn't
> seem to change anything either.
>
> I'm wondering if this is a serious issue (I still have 2.6.18-3-686
> installed and it works perfectly, so I can switch back to using that)
> or if I'll have to recompile the kernel from source to fix this or
> something.
>
> Thanks for your time.

Hi all,
I also have problem with recent upgrades, once I installed (yesterday)
the new 2.6.18-4-686 kernel I ran into system freezes, but it seemed
to make no difference if I returned to the previous 2.6.18-3-686.

At first I thought about ipw3945* packages, which gave me problems also
in the past, but after I uninstalled them some problems still remain:
gnome-power-manager does not display icon even if it's running and I
had to kill gnome-screensaver which was not responding.

I think the problem is inside some component which was upgraded with
the kernel, maybe hal or acpi.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

Giacomo