Is my libpcap properly installed?

I am trying to compile a package which requires libpcap. When I
do the following:

dpkg -l 'lib*' | grep libpcap

I get the following result:

ii  libpcap0.7       0.7.2-7  System interface for user level ...

I also checked this by using:

ls -l /usr/lib/libpcap*

and it produced the following result:

/usr/lib/libpcap.so.0.7 -> libpcap.so.0.7.2
/usr/lib/libpcap.so.0.7.2

However when I check for the header files associated with this library
i.e. pcap.h and bpf.h, they are no where on the entire system:

find / -name pcap.h -print

does not produce any result.

As a result, the program I am trying to compile produces errors when
trying to 'make'.

What is wrong with the installation of libpcap on my system which is
Sarge Debian 3.1r3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A.