Re: MD5Sum mismatch

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:13:30PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:

> > Or is this a temporary problem?
>
> Bingo, and typically only on the host you happen to contact.

Well, I tried a few different sources with similar results.  I did
find one source where apt-get update didn't report problems, but
a dist-upgrade reported a number of 404 errors.

I tried the update/dist-upgrade process a few times over the day and
continued to receive the 404s -- I thought maybe the index and
mirrored .debs might be out-of-sync for a short period of time.

Now, I just tried using aptitude, so aptitude update didn't report
errors but aptitude dist-upgrade decided a different set of packages
needed to up updated/installed.  Plus, it also reported a few 404
errors.

Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main libsepol1 1.14-3
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main libssl-dev 0.9.8e-1
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main libssl0.9.8 0.9.8e-1
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main libwrap0-dev 7.6.dbs-13
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main libwrap0 7.6.dbs-13
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main tcpd 7.6.dbs-13
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main openbsd-inetd 0.20050402-5
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main ucf 2.0020
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]
Err http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main nfs-common 1:1.0.11-1
  404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libs/libsepol/libsepol1_1.14-3_i386.deb: 404 Not Found [IP: 64.50.238.52 80]

Should I take two aspirin and check in the morning?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org