[OT] Vista and MS Office 2007 was [OT] Recipe for a Debian thread that won't die

On 2/27/07, Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:
Since top posting is the thing to do...

How can your recipe ever rise if you continually fail to add the
required bash of Microsoft?

Cybe -since the .sig is /way/ down below somewhere

Updated Recipe for a Debian thread that won't die.

Ingredients
Heavy Dose of Top Posting
A heavy dose of green color
2 Dozen Broccoli Growers
1 Social Contract
1 smidgen of "how do you address somebody..."
2 Cups header munging
Dash of Ubuntu root
1/4 cup Sponge ash burnt in a solar powered microwave oven
1 taplespoon of leftover nuclear waste
Add politics
2 Tablespoons Microsoft Bashing
Stir

Add some light Colour if it still doesn't look right.  Half Bake at
350 for 1/2 hour utilizing Barbara Oncay as the cook.

For extra spicy add a dose of my distro (suse, gentoo, mandriva,
redhat, slackware, whatever...) is better than Debian

Speaking of Microsoft Bashing I have been using Vista since I skipped
XP (and it shipped by default with a new dell :/).  All I can say is
*ugh*  I really hate Vista.  The longer I use it the more I dislike it
too (I thought it would grow on me over time).  I guess I have just
spent too long outside of the M$ borg cube.  I will go back to
GNU/Linux and OpenOffice.  fwiw I think that MS Office 2007 is not for
me either -- I think they said let's change everything, get rid of
shortcut keys in Word (maybe I just haven't found them) and add a 70s
I am high on some type of drug theme.  "you have moved your
mouse...cancel or allow" <grumbles> yes the Mac commercial *is*
accurate.  Here is an idea to the Microsoft Devs, not that I would
expect any of them to hang out on a *gasp* free software list, if I
double click on a program I meant to use it.  I am not really
impressed with all the CPU cycles chewed up with needless
encryption/decryption just to keep all of the users out there from
possibly stealing movies via analog holes (for more info go to
badvista.fsf.org) and depriving Brad Pitt of another summer home.  I
find their hardware specs for HD video output scary too -- Regard any
voltage fluctuation as a hack attempt and reset video card...nice
(just like on any error reboot).  I don't think users will wake up
until the upteenth time they have had to repurchase premium content or
they discover they cannot play HD movies (2 -5 yrs later) and then it
will be too late.  Thanks to Debian and the GNU/Linux community I
expect more from my OS.