Re: Subtle but annoying X startup problem

In article <7T6lP-1ky-1@gated-at.bofh.it>,
Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Rather than hand hacking config file values: run (as root)
>
> dexconf
>
> [Branden Robinson's X configure and auto-guessing hardware script]
>
> then
>
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg -plow
>
> [Which asks you the questions needed for X configuration at low
> priority: it keeps the answers used previously]

Thank you very much Andy.  Actually, I still have the problem ;-) - BUT,
I now know quite a bit more about how the xorg.conf file should look, so
I am much closer.  In fact, I am now 99% sure that the delay is caused
by a search for the second monitor which this card supports and which I
should be able to supress.  I was unaware of the dexconf script and
needed a prod to remember dpkg-reconfigure.

> Hope this helps,

It did - and it does.  Many thanks.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
http://pippin.co.uk/