Re: OT

Greg Folkert wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 20:03 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>> > I'm sorry to hear that.  Of course, I expect that you are more than
>> > capable of efficiently ignoring the OT threads, if you so choose.
>>
>> I read this list because I feel that it's important that DDs are
>> available to help users with problems that other users may not
>> efficiently help them with. And I've been on this list long enough to
>> know that many of the people who hope to get help here do not have the
>> tools or experience in ignoring cruft that I have. If this list stops
>> being generally useful, I will find some other forum to help users in.
>
> You are marginalizing yourself. There are many more forums. sure go
> ahead and go there. But the thing is, you won't leave. You never left
> during the great flame-wars on Debian-Devel, even though you said you
> were going to there as well.
>
> Recently there have been some very long, very obtuse, very heated
> discussions on Debian-Devel. And you even participate in them.
>
> I bid you good luck.

Participating in OT: threads or in flamewars does not mean that one likes
such stuff. It could be for example to clear a misconception. People
sometimes make outrighteous claims which are completely untrue (Ex:-
vim/emacs does not do so and so) and one would like to correct such
misconception. That does not mean they encourage/like them.

In any case, I have always found Joey Hess' posts helpful and insighful. I
hope people fuelling the OT: threads dont drive him away.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/