RE: OT

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:33 +1000, Julian De Marchi wrote:
> Because I like reading the debian problems/solutions posted on the
> mailing list.

Then why are you contributing to it?

> I do not like hearing off topic crap. I ma voicing the opinions many
> want to say.

This *IS* on topic. Debian User is about Debian Users. If you go back
through the archives for the last 10 years, you'll see this is less
egregious than most other lead up to a release.

We are getting numerous, numerous duplicate questions. If we say RTFM or
RTF archives and keep out nose to the stone. Many that DO answer
questions will just un-subscribe.

> If I wanted to hear about god I would go to church and I would be a
> Christian.

Well, if you don't want to read it, by all means don't.

> The last 3 days the entire list has had mostly OT threads.

Mainly because there are not any questions being asked. we are referring
people to list archives with search terms and amazingly enough it answer
questions. I myself have gotten numerous private mails saying thank you
for the search tips and or answers.

> I say this should stop, as the experts that give answers, will stop
> responding and using the mailing list.

Once again, OT bides the time. if you MUST see only Debian related
stuff... use gmane or the archives on lists.debian.org.

> Respect others, and go with the idea of creating a OT mailing list.

I'd wish you'd realize that you are a relative new comer, only starting
posting in September 2006 with about 70 posts. Stay on this list for 5
years or more. I have more than 2,350 most being VERY informative to
most people, yes some are flames, some are blather.

> People are here to talk about debian. I do not give a crap about
> political movements, what god says should be done.

Debian-User is about what Debian Users want to discuss. It is
un-moderated for a reason. Deal with it.

> Again enough is enough...

Then you should ignore what you don't want to read. If you cannot bring
yourself to do that, then un-subscribe.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

I don't mow my lawn anymore. I just intimidate it into not growing.
Though it is quite hard to intimidate grass, it has been around a long time
and has quite an attitude about it.