Re: working with windows larger than screen

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:57:05PM -0500, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a window manager or a desktop environment which
> efficiently handles windows that are larger than physical size of screen?

[...]

> Is there a window manager which
>
> 1. effectively moves the desktop once the mouse is at the edge of the
> physical screen.

you might look at enlightenment, it has this behavior. Actually, many
of the window managers have "virtual desktops" or "workspaces" which
support "edge-flipping" where you change to the next workspace by
smakcin the mouse up against the edge of the screen. I seem to recall
than enlightenment does it so you don't have to scroll the whole
screen. I think afterstep does this as well.

> 2. provide a scroll bar kind of functionality which can be used to traverse
> the window.

don't think so. But, this sounds like something you could maybe hack
together where you have multiple windows contained within a window
with a scroll bar at the bottom. just maximise the parent
window. don't know what that would entail.