RE: OT

How about just talk about debian on a debian list.

Is that to hard?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Sackville-West [mailto:andrew@farwestbilliards.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 February 2007 09:03
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: OT

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 08:51:30AM +1000, Julian De Marchi wrote:
> I totally agree..... Stop pushing your views on to us!!!!! Sign up to a
> political, or religious mailing list instead....

I'm sorry, but I don't see anyone pushing their views on anyone
else. I see people exchanging ideas and arguing about them, but I dont
see anyone trying to "convert" anyone else. The surest way to help
control noise on a list like this is to not generate noise. This
thread is noise -- because it is complaining about noise.

> I do not need to hear these issues....

then don't read them. they are clearly marked OT, and if they aren't
initially, someone usually makes the change before too long, so just
skip them its not that hard, *and* its not all that common here. It
happens. Now if this was debian class at university and the teacher
started arguing with the class about something non-debian, sure,
complain, otherwise, just suck it up and move on. I mean that in the
nicest way possible. :)