Re: Download cd-iso images

Emile van der Merwe wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm new to the linux environment, but would like to try it out for myself.
> I want to download the cd-iso images, but wanted to know if I have to
> download all 14 iso images under i386 directory?

No, you do not need all 14 iso images.  Get the first two or three, and that
should be enough for a basic install.  If you have a DVD drive, the the DVD
will be all you need to get started.

You may wish to try the network install: http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Personally, I find the testing version of Debian (Etch) to be quite stable
despite it being the 'testing' version.  What do you plan to use the system
for?

Good luck, and have fun :)