Re: OT: sponge burning!

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:

>  On 02/24/07 16:51, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 01:52:56PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>  [snip]
> > Here is an idea.  Why don't voters just make it a point to only elect
> > military vets or retirees to federal public office?
>
>  /Starship Troopers/, anyone?  The political theory in the
>  beginning of the book is very interesting.  And, of course, R.H.
>  was a Navy vet.
>
>  (Yes, I know that your suggestion is not what Heinlein wrote in
>  ST, but it's close enough.)

John Kerry.     # aka political washout.  Served with distinction
                # (last I heard).

George Bush II  # Served, well sort of, National Guard, was
                # elected (kinda, sorta) Pres.

Hillary Clinton # Ha!  Chyaa, right.  Ha, ha, haaa, ha, haaa!

Obama           # Uh ...  Seems a decent sort, though.

How about electing only people who've had nothing to do with
invading innocent bystanders?

[What this has to do with Debian, or Free Software, or computing at
all's beyond me.  BTW, I'm a Canuck, so this response is irrelevant.]

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html