Re: Run out of disk space on LVM

On 2/24/07, Gilles Mocellin <gilles.mocellin@free.fr> wrote:
0) You must tell us what filesystems you use on / and /var. I suppose it's
ext3 for now.

Yes it's ext3

1) If there's space on the VG debian, just extend the root LV :
To see space used on the debian VG :
# vgs debian

There is no space so I've ommited trying this step.

2) You've got space on /var, so reduce it to give space to root :
# resize2fs /dev/debian/var 2G
# lvextend -L 350M /dev/debian/root
# resize2fs /dev/debian/root

Executing resize2fs /dev/debian/var 2G returns this:

Filesystem at /dev/debian/var is mounted on /var; on-line resizing required
On-line shrinking from 750592 to 524288 not supported.
--
Regards
Justin Hartman