Re: REALLY OT: News Flash

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 02/22/07 15:39, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> Michael M. wrote:
>>
>>> That's not exactly Sonny Bono arguing that copyright should be eternal,
>>> but it is a pretty clear indication of his belief that it should be.  At
>>> least Ms. Bono acknowledged that it would violate the Constitution, but
>>> it's a shame we elect Congresscritters who have to be "informed" by
>>> their staff about what the Constitution says.  One would hope they would
>>> have read it themselves.
>>
>> Look at the state she represents.  When was the last time that state gave
>> us a federal politician that wasn't a shamelessly self-interested
>> asshole?
>
> A shamelessly self-interested asshole would not make a very
> successful politician.

That was my point.  I just don't understand why Californian voters don't get
this, especially after catapulting Reagan into a 4 trillion dollar
spend-a-thon, and his successor's son into a 6 trillion dollar
spend-a-thon.  Or on a lighter note, that they're still even allowed to
participate in federal elections after making a 10 trillion dollar
mistake...