Re: Recovering OOo rapid starter & update-notifier on Gnome panel

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 23:19 +0000, andy wrote:
> To be honest Andrew, I am not at all sure what I did! :( I used to
> have the OOo quickstart, and the update-notifier in the "notification
> area" of the Gnome panel. However, I seem to have deleted them, even
> though the actual apps are running. It just makes it tricky to get to
> these apps unless I access them via a menu. I was hoping to find a way
> of rolling back changes on a Gnome window manager. I cannot seem to
> find anything in the docs, nor in the options to add to the panel,
> etc., that would enable me to replace what I sunk.

update-notifier is only visible if there are updates available.

Anyway, make sure that you still have a notification area on your panel,
and that you haven't disabled update-notifier (but if you had, it
shouldn't be running), see Desktop > Preferences > Sessions and the
Startup Programs tab.

The apps you can access through the context menu of update-notifier is
AFAIK update-manager, the properties of update-manager and possibly
synaptic. All of these should still be available in Desktop >
Administration.

HTH,

--
Cheers,