Re: how to add kde applets on gnome desktop

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:20:24 +0100
"abdelkader belahcene" <abelahcene@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> in fact I want to add applets not applications,
>  I mean a quick button on the menu bar which is running autmatically.
> To be more precise I dowonload a kde applets kprayertime( which
> starts a the given time), on kde desktop I can find this applets in
> the menu list, and just pick it to put it in the menui. At a given
> time the applet runs.   From the gnome the applets is not on the list
> so I can't add it to the menu bar.
> thanks a lot
> best regards
> bela

I don't quite understand what you want to do. Are you trying to put KDE apps in the GNOME drop down menu? If so you can do this with the Alacarte Menu Editor (Applications -> Accessories -> Alacarte or Alt+f2 run: alacarte).

If you want to add it to the system tray you can always add it into GNOME's start up applications, Desktop/Settings -> Preferences -> Sessions and add the program to the automatically started programs list.

If you meant something else I'm sorry, I just can't fully understand what you're asking.