Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:

>> That's, though, why I switched from GNOME to XFce4.  So much of what
>> I do is in rxvt that while I find very useful the ability to create
>> bunches of xterms, I don't need the bloat of GNOME.
>
> I've wanted to try xfce, but not enough to compile it myself, and I haven't
> been able to figure out which combinations of packages make an xfce
> environment.  Perhaps I'm missing something obvious?

Have you tried fvwm? It's what came with the first Linux system I set up
myself (slackware from literally a couple of dozen of floppies, kernel
was in the 0.99's back then), and no other desktop has ever won me over.
All I do is start X applications from terminals, and for that I want it
fast, lean, and with lots of desktops I can switch between.

--D.