Re: questions regarding debian use

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 15:01 -0500, tbctalonso@bellsouth.net wrote:
> 1. When I attempted to add my printer, was unable to complete
> installation process. Initially, the name and model of my printer popped
> up automatically, but in the screen where I am suppose to choose printer
> make and model, my model # was not listed. I have a Lexmark Z735, or
> Lexmark 700 series. What do I do? I tried downloading from the web,
> which I was able to do, but then was unable to open it. Please help.

Hi,

Sadly, the Lexmark Z735 does not seem to be supported at all. It's
actually listed as a "paperweight" in the OpenPrinting database. This is
often because the manufacturer refuses to cooperate and support
GNU/Linux.
See http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Lexmark-Z735

> 2. Do I understand currectly that I do NOT need an anti virus program
> with Debian?

That's correct.

> 3. How do I make Evolution my default e-mail, so I no longer need my
> current one with Bellsouth?

If you are using Debian "Etch" 4.0, you should be able to set it as
default going to Desktop > Preferences > Preferred Applications and
select Evolution in the Mail reader category.

Hope this helps!

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson