questions regarding debian use

Hi! We just installed Debian a couple of days ago, and so far are
thrilled with what we've found! I've just encountered a couple of
difficulties, I'd like to request help with.

1. When I attempted to add my printer, was unable to complete
installation process. Initially, the name and model of my printer popped
up automatically, but in the screen where I am suppose to choose printer
make and model, my model # was not listed. I have a Lexmark Z735, or
Lexmark 700 series. What do I do? I tried downloading from the web,
which I was able to do, but then was unable to open it. Please help.

2. Do I understand currectly that I do NOT need an anti virus program
with Debian?

3. How do I make Evolution my default e-mail, so I no longer need my
current one with Bellsouth?

Thank you for any assistance.
Sincerely,
Rebecca Alonso