Re: Ubuntu vs. Debian (was Re: Introduction)

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 08:51:40AM -0800, Michael M. wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 01:15 -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 12:05:24AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > Actually, I'm serious about the utility of big line printers.  The
> > > large print and *wide*, lined paper made it easy to step thru your
> > > program, making notes, side calculations, etc.  Think of them as
> > > magic whiteboards that you could lay on your desk and didn't need
> > > thick, stinky, messy markers to write with.
> > You certainly are correct in that the wide paper left sufficient room to
> > make notes, etc. I'd use the side for comments and corrections and the
> > back for flow charts and such.
>
> And here I thought the whole point of computerizing was to save the
> trees.  My illusions are shattered!
>
> So much for the mythical "paperless office."

Indeed.  *thinking about my printer at home, which hasn't even been
connected to anything since I last moved 2.5 years ago*

As a company that a friend worked at for a couple years said, "You can't
grep a dead tree."

--
Windows Vista must be the first OS in history to have error codes for things
like "display quality too high"