Re: [Debian-User] Xen

Hello Unknown Admin,

Am 2007-02-17 00:07:47, schrieb Admin:
<snip>
> BTW if anyone (I've seen a few Xen emails like the one where the AMD
> package disappeared only to be replaced by a 686 based Xen package that
> crashed)  would like to set up a Debian Xen thread maybe we could help
> one another as it seems that this virtualization thing does not interest
> most people.  But I think it's the future for computing.
>
> Thanks to all and SNIP away at what you don't want and comment on what
> you do want -- I welcome the dialog.

I run currently a Development-Workstation where I need to run Debian
(Unstable, Testing, Stable and Oldstable), (K)Ubunto, Embedian, Redhat,
Novel/SuSE and Mandrake/Mandrive in parallel.

For this I use chroots which are startet directly from an INIT script.

I like to drop the Chroot stuff and want to switch to Xen but encountered
massive errors and bugs...

I was using an Amd Athlon XP 3000+ using Xen-k7 (Installed form DVD).
Then after an Online-Upgrade it was gone and since then I have no
Machine anymore.  Installing chroots again to get my Machine working
took me over one week...  (I run 8 X-Server parallel)

Now, my CPU is gone (Socket A and I do not find a Used one from a
trustfull source) I replaced the mainboard with an GA686LX and a P2/333
with 512 MB of memory and Xen worked again...

But running 8 X-Server in Parallel is not realy recommended on this
machine.  :-)

I have tried to compile my own Xen-Kernel but failed...

Is there a Step-by-Step docu/howto HOW to build your OWN Xen-Kernel
on a Debian-System?

And of curse, which packages must I install t get this Pig running with
a K7?

OT-Question:

Is there someone who want to sponsor (or give up an unused) a AMD
Athlon XP with at least 2400MHz (and mybe some PC2700 512MByte or
1 GByte memories) for Development?  I am in Strasbourg/France.
Address and Telephone is in the signature.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)