Re: Dosemu

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 05:26:02 -0500
cga2000 <cga2000@optonline.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 06:52:43AM EST, Stephen Chadfield wrote:
> > Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> > >
> > > If your PC is fast enough, why not use dosbox instead.
> > >
> > > It uses cpu-emulation instead of vm86 mode, so it's a bit slower,
> > > but it's a lot easier to get going (dos is built in, and it can
> > > access the linux file system).
> >
> > Dosbox is great. I have been using it to play Microprose F1GP2 -
> > vroom!
>
> Tried to use it to display ansi art files that span more than a
> screenful but it seems to lack the MORE command.  There may be a way
> to script this .. does python run on top of dos..?  but since I never
> used dos I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

On topic :-) Here is a post I did to my local lug, may be relevant.
there is a way to do this one time , works on reboot but I lost the
reply on that one.

"I have found a solution, of sorts, as to why Dosemu does not run on
2.6.12 + kernels, basically anything after Debian Sarge. It seems that  2.6.12
the kernel folks added 'radomization_va_space' . This breaks dosemu
v.1.2.x and some other programs. The workaround for the v.1.2.x series
is to enter, as root, at a comand line of choice,:
'echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space'.  Dosemu now works in
Debian Etch...yea :-)"

--
Greg Madden