Re: [OT] Re: help with debian

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:19:56AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> As I said before, the Reply button acts as Reply-to-list in case of a
> mailing list. No problem here. The thing I'm not sure of is what is
> the correct thing to do if the poster has set a Reply-To: header.

I believe that on a list, the correct header to observe is the M-F-T
header.  The R-T header might be set in the case that someone wishes to
receive email at an alias which is different from the source address of
the real email account.

Besides, it is considered bad form for the Reply-To to be munged to
point to the list: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Now, if the user does it, that is one thing.  But M-F-T is the more
appropriate header.

Regards,

-Roberto

--