Re: help with debian

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:

>  On 02/18/07 10:28, s. keeling wrote:
> > Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
> >>  See what you get for using MySQL?

> >>  Steve, has the cold, Quebec (or is it Ontario, I keep forgetting)
> >>  wind frozen your brain?
> >
> > Clueless luser "boasty" posts an answer (to what?!?), providing no
> > context, quoting no-one or anything, prefaced by a useless and
> > inappropriate Subject: line ...
>
>  Google is your friend.
>
>  http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/syslog-ng.htm

This is not "The Web."  This is a mailing list, and a gated to Usenet
mailing list for me.  I don't read this list in a browser, nor should
I have to.  There's lots of resources out there where people can go to
learn how it should be done.  I doubt many of them _expect_ me to have
to dig back into archives in order to learn the context of a clueless
luser's inadequate reply.

> > "boasty" apparently doesn't know how ridiculous this looks.  Now
> > that it's brought to his attention, he has an opportunity to learn.
>
>  Other people were able to decipher his OP.

As I could have too.  This is a mailing list or newsfroup, not a web
forum.

> > Just doing my bit in the war on entropy.
>
>  No, just making yourself look like a bitter old Quebecois.

And you're helping the idiots out there corrupt what works well and
has worked well for quite some time.  You want to read a web forum, go
find one.  This is not it.

How's that Cajun of yours coming along?

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html