Re: sound problems on debian

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 01:29:35PM -0500, Steve Kleene wrote:
> [...]
> On Mon Feb 19 12:43:18 2007, marcus.blumhagen@web.de wrote:
>
> > As you seem to be running sid or at least parts of it, I'd suggest
> > using checkinstall from the package with the same name. ...
> > Also the package module-assistant might be an even better alternative,
> > since it eases off some of the pains involved when compiling modules
> > for your kernel and creates a .deb too.
>
> Actually, I'm not running any parts of sid now.  I just looked there to see
> if they have alsa 1.0.14 yet, and they don't.  I'll look into making my own
> deb files, as you suggest.  Thanks.

OK, but you can still use checkinstall as it is available in Sarge and
Sid. But maybe you have a look at this thread too:

since there are given some more useful hints. Actually checkinstall
seems to be a suboptimal solution for more complex packages as Roberto
wrote there.

Regards
--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein