Re: how to use start-stop-daemon (installing daemon)

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 09:07:36AM -0800, Brad Brock wrote:
> I want to set my program as daemon that started when
> system start. I have read the manual of
> start-stop-daemon but I think an example would be
> great for me. Does anyone has the example? Thank you.

/etc/init.d/ is full of examples for start-up scripts that could be
adapted to your situation. the only other thing missing would be
placing symlinks in /etc/rc[0123456S].d and for this you could use
update-rc.d or you could manually create symlinks back to your script
in /etc/init.d