Some Debian docs... error perhaps?

I was just reading through a few Debian docs today and came across
something that makes it appears that Etch *HAS* been released.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-ftparchives.en.html#s-codenames

And to quote from the location:

        Currently, stable is a symbolic link to etch (i.e. Debian
        GNU/Linux 4.0) and testing is a symbolic link to lenny. This
        means that etch is the current stable distribution and lenny is
        the current testing distribution.

Say what?

Version says:

	version CVS, 17 June 2006

Somebody should correct it or explain it or something, to *NOT* confuse
people.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

I don't mow my lawn anymore. I just intimidate it into not growing.
Though it is quite hard to intimidate grass, it has been around a long time
and has quite an attitude about it.