Re: It's a simple question....

Steve Lamb wrote:
Justin Hartman wrote:
Wouldn't the Debian Live CD work as a better option?

    Not really.  Since Debian has so many different release architectures they
really don't push automatic detection and configuration as far as the splinter
distributions which focus mostly on the x86 architecture.  A good example is
Wireless USBNICs.  I had one that Debian could not detect and utilize.  I
tried KUbuntu and it detected it, configured it and had it running with barely
a hiccup.  I then knew it was possible for Debian to do it, I would just have
to do the legwork that KUbuntu's stuff did for me.

I believe that Debian Live uses some live CD software developed from some Ubuntu packages, but with hardware discovery the same as Debian Installer (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/). So Debian Live might indeed be what you want to tell you whether Debian is going to run on your system automagically.

--
Chris.