Re: Etch Apt list

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:00:44 -0500
Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:

>    I just realized tonight how few lines there are in my apt sources
> list. And I am wondering if I am missing some.
> This is my list:
>
> #deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main
>
> deb http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/debian/ etch  main non-free contrib
> ##deb-src ftp://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/debian/ etch main non-free contrib
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
>
> ##deb http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/debian-multimedia/ testing main
> ##deb-src http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/debian-multimedia/ testing main
>
> ##deb ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/rox4debian binary/
>

> Will this keep me up to date ?
>

> Thanks
>
> Frank

Just so you know none of those are official Debian repositories, so they won't keep you up to date with official updates. Usually /official/ Debian updates are held in http://us.debian.org/, or something similar. Here is my sources.list (Note: I only added in the "contrib", otherwise it's only official repositories)

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux testing _Etch_ - Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20070107-08:41]/ etch contrib main

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ etch main

deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib

You can change etch to testing if you wish.