Re: Etch Apt list

On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 23:11 -0500, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> On 2/18/07, Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 22:00 -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:
>         >    I just realized tonight how few lines there are in my apt
>         sources
>         > list. And I am wondering if I am missing some.
>         > This is my list:
>

>         ## testing - Debian Etch
>         deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib
>         non-free
>         deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib
>         non-free
>
>         ## Security
>         deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib
>         non-free
>
> I had 'etch' here; I hope 'testing' works, as it's about to change!

OK. In the Debian User archive look for "smooth upgrades" in Early
January for a serious discussion on this.

>         ## Christian Marillat's stuff
>         (http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ for more info)
>         deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main
>
> And here I've had 'testing' ever since the location change, and it
> _has_ been updating.

Considering Christian has said "release name" is the only supported
convention, the release type will be supported for a limited time.

>         That is all you really need.
>
> Unless for some reason you need sources, too.

Of course, but he had all source lines commented out.

Yep... there are many more reasons.

--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup