Re: looking for fix to AMD64 python dl problem....

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 04:59:56PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> um... yeah, well it is rather insulting to the developer (not a
> comment on my part as to whether its an ugly hack or not), so I'm not
> surprised he's not answering you....
>
> maybe something more along the lines of "dear dev, it appears that to
> get foo running, I need bar to be updated to run on amd64. Here is why
> it doesn't run <instert Roberto's demo sans "ugly hack">. Can you be
> of assistance?" You know, that old ants-honey thing ;-)

My "ugly hack" comment was in reference to the dl module itself.  I
don't blame someone for using it since it is there.  However, using the
dl module is sort of anti-Python, since you lose the ability to work
with objects in the foreign function.

Python bindings simply allow you invoke a library's functions natively
from within a Python program.

Regards,

-Roberto

--