Re: looking for fix to AMD64 python dl problem....

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:52:21AM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:

Attribution missing, but I think Roberto said:

> >So, the answer is that the dl module will not work on amd64.  The
> >recommended fix would then be to not use dl, since it is an ugly hack
> >(as is any foreign function interface) and instead write proper Python
> >bindings for whatever library you are trying to access.
>
> I sent this comment and the other one posted to the developer......  It
> seems to have frightened him away......
>
> No more emails from him.

um... yeah, well it is rather insulting to the developer (not a
comment on my part as to whether its an ugly hack or not), so I'm not
surprised he's not answering you....

maybe something more along the lines of "dear dev, it appears that to
get foo running, I need bar to be updated to run on amd64. Here is why
it doesn't run <instert Roberto's demo sans "ugly hack">. Can you be
of assistance?" You know, that old ants-honey thing ;-)