Re: Stupid Noob Question: Surfing the 'Testing' edge

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Wednesday 14 February 2007 17:36, Michael S. Peek wrote:
[...] Personally, if you have sufficient harddrive space, I'd keep your current Etch install pointing to Etch in /etc/apt/sources.list. then I would install another instance of Etch. I'd keep this pointing to Etch, then when Etch goes stable I'd point /etc/apt/sources.list for your new Etch install to the testing repo. this way you have one install which you know works ok, and the new Etch, now testing/Lenny install.

[...]

And, if you keep /home on a separate partition, your two installs can both use the same /home. Normally work in testing but, if it is broken for a while, use stable until it is fixed.

--
Chris.