Re: External monitor on Laptop

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:23:45 +1100
"Andrew Myers" <am2605@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm fairly new to the Debian distro but am really enjoying using etch.
>
> I have Debian installed on a Dell Latitude d810 laptop, however I
> generally use it with an external monitor plugged in.
>
> Ideally what I'd like to do is to have the laptop display switched off
> while I have the external monitor connected, however I cannot find a
> way to do this.  Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew.

It probably depends on your laptop and monitor

if you have an ati card, try the utility atitvout. Your laptop should also have
some key combination that plays with the internal and external monitors,
probably some combination of Fn+F7 or Fn+F10 or something like that, look at
the icons on the keyboard. It may work also.