Re: flash plugin

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 12:30:52AM -0500, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Hello.  I'm having problems with the flashplugin-nonfree package.  Both installing it, and trying to reconfigure it, fail.  It attempts to download an older file that does not exist.  I then downloaded the recent file from the adobe site, but the flashplugin-nonfree package did not recognize it.
>
> Here is a printout of the error I get when I try to reconfigure it:
>
> debian:/home/mark# dpkg-reconfigure flashplugin-nonfree
> Downloading...
> --00:17:57--  http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer9_update/FP9_plugin_beta_112006.tar.gz
>            => `./FP9_plugin_beta_112006.tar.gz'
> Resolving download.macromedia.com... 72.246.35.191
> Connecting to download.macromedia.com|72.246.35.191|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
> 404 Not Found
> 00:19:58 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> download failed
> The Flash plugin is NOT installed.
>

> If anyone has any tips on how I can fix this, I would appreciate it.  I did manage, on another computer at my work, to get flash installed with this package; so, why it won't work on my home computer is a mystery.  I'm using Etch.

as has already been mentioned, just grab the tarball and install it
yourself.

But, you have reminded me... the release went final but the debian
package hasn't been updated so it 1) can't find the file for download
and 2) if you manually download it and rename it, it can't install
because the md5 sum doesn't match... I'm off to check the bug reports
and file one if needed.