Re: handling non-native language spam

michael <linux@networkingnewsletter.org.uk>:

>  I was wondering what is a suitable way to handle non-native language
>  spam? My native language is English and I'm using Evolution to get my
>  email off IMAP and then it uses SpamAssassin to filter for junk. Are
>  there S.A. plugins to test for non-native language spam? Would just
>  clicked on [this is] "junk" button work?

I don't know what Evo's filtering is like (I don't use Evo), but I do
filter on things like this; perhaps you can use them:

  Subject:.*=\?(.*big5|ISO\-2022\-KR|koi8\-r|ks_c_5601\-1987)

[For the non-geeks, those are lists as in "this or that or the other
or ..."]

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html